Course Logistics - Preparing for March Workshop in O'Fojo

When the invitation came I was asked a few questions:

1 - If I would accept an invitation for the dates of 11th and 12th of March
2 - What would be my costs (expenses + fee)
3 - What I would need from them to make it happen, in english and with maximum practical and effective information to roll-out this event right afterwards

1 - Yes, I accept.
2 - As for values, I’m considering it to be on a gift economy basis. I feel it is important to share the expenses and somehow indicate a reference price/person, adequate to the country, and give people freedom to give what they feel and want. I’m considering the format Claudian and Filipa use on Open Heart workshops
3 - What are the questions I want to make to ensure the course’s driver is attended ?

A - How many people will the place be able to hold?
B - Shall we have a residential workshop? If so, how many people may be accommodated and where?
C - What should the program look like? Considering the 65 patterns of S3, would you have any preference ?
D - How will be the meal logistics? Will you have a fixed price for meals? Will there be someone preparing the meals for participants? What kind of food will it be? Is it exclusive to some kind of diet , eg. vegan, or does it include different options?
E - How much will people pay for lodging? To what terms? Should they take their own sleeping material ?
F - How much time do we actually have for the workshop?
G - Are there any community policies to keep in mind during our stay there?
H - What material do you have already available at the spot? (flipcharts, pens, tape, video-projector, etc. ?)
I - What shall be the percentage of people present that already know something about Sociocracy/3.0 ?
J - What kind of transportation will be available to reach the spot?
K - Considering I come one day earlier to prepare for the WS, what costs/resources will you spend with my stay there ?
L - What is the best way to keep in contact, in order to level up expectations in our collaboration ?
M - Can you ask the course participants to provide some presentation on who they are and why they wish to participate?
N - Is there anything else you would like me to ask you in order for this to be a beautiful, meaningful and inspiring workshop for everyone to reach more fluent stages in collaboration ?
O - What is the course’s driver ?
P - What can be some practical information ?
Q - You referred this to be an internal training, opening to teams who bring their own projects - have I understood right? How many people shall we expect from O’Fojo and others…What shall be the percentage?
R - Is there anyone within FOJO that may volunteer for the gift economy moment ?

Some answers I can already provide

O - Some people have heard of Sociocracy (3.0) as a set of patterns to reach for fluent collaboration and wish to experience practicing it a bit more with more experienced human peers before applying some of its patterns in their own context.

P -
P.1 - Diogo’s short presentation;
P.2 - What should people take to the course;

Diogo Short Presentation - The best definition I’m finding for me this days is a set of particles united by some greater or minor strength and driving themselves to attend the need of connection with the one’s in the surroundings in such a way that no words need to be written for us to be fluent in collaboration. In this path, I integrate wisdom gained in the last 4 years and coming from “I don’t really know where”, and by study and practice with Sociocracy (and then 3.0), Non-violent communication, Conflict Mediation, Vipassana Meditation, Real-contexts experiencing, Learning by Teaching, Learning by Practicing, World Cafe, Charismatic Communication, Open Space, (Agile) Software Development, Events Organization, Group Dynamics Facilitation, Day-to-Day Living. I’m also a rising parent. So do expect quite a mix of vulnerability with power expressing through me.
Do please expect nothing out of me, except to be there and do the best I can in that specific moment to cultivate the Love within.

What should people take to the course ?

• Paper and Something to write on it (personal notes)
  • Openness to facilitation by a human peer and to being in group
  • Adequate clothing to the weather and individual physiological needs
  • Appetite adjusted to the place offering
  • Group collaboration scenarios from projects they are in, and where they feel there is room to improve
  • Questions they would like to see answered

… (I wonder if you reading this remember anything else)

C - I think that the program should be integrated with the place and the project. What do you think on identifying a specific set of drivers, and we start from there, mixing introductory talk on the pattern, individual reading and writing and practice with concrete scenarios? For the end of sunday, before feedback, we may also have an open space where people bring in stuff from their own contexts (if not from O’Fojo), and there a time for somewhat a collective peer coaching, where people put their learnings into practice, and therefore becoming aware of their evolution during the workshop. To measure evolution, it may also be relevant to somehow have people identifying what they already know and then they can compare in the end…Maybe this can be some kind of “Learner Role”, and in the end everyone has their own evaluation meeting…

Here’s a take on a possible program scheduling
Day 0 - Arrival
17h - Arrival and setup
19h30 to 20h00 - brief meditation time
20h00 to 21h30 - Session 0 - Who are we and what are we here for?

Day 1 - Listening, Practicing and Understanding
7h00 to 8h00 - ? (morning activities)
8h00 to 9h00 - Breakfast
9h15 to 10h45 - Session 1
10h45 to 11h00 - Tea-break
11h00 to 12h30 - Session 2
12h30 to 14h30 - Lunch and Free Time
14h30 to 16h00 - Session 3
16h00 to 16h15 - Tea break
16h15 to 17h45 - Session 4
17h45 to 18h30 - Day 1 Wrap-Up
18h30 to 19h30 - Free Time
19h30 to 20h00 - Meditation
20h00 to 21h30 - Night Activities (to be proposed by participants)

Day 2
7h00 to 8h00 - ? (morning activities)
8h00 to 9h00 - Breakfast
9h15 to 10h45 - Session 5
10h45 to 11h00 - Tea-break
11h00 to 12h00 - Session 6
12h00 to 12h30 - Gift Economy
12h30 to 14h30 - Lunch and Free Time
14h30 to 15h00 - Gift Results
15h00 to 16h00 - Day 2 Wrap-Up; Feedback and Closing Circle
16h00 to 17h00 - Cleaning Up (and Departing)