How can we bring joy more often to our lives ?

One of the answers to the topic “O que é isso de mundo melhor, no teu contexto direto ?” was
“Feeling joy more time is a better world for me”

And it got me thinking: So, how can we bring joy more often to our lives ?
How is it for you?

For me, it works quite well to have a morning routine, and to accomplish things in the morning -> both house chores and “daily work”. When I do this I feel the day before me is more “enjoyable”.

Playing (funny) collective games is actually something that usually amuses me - yesterday we played a drawing game similar to “wrecked phone” and it was quite amusing to see how things unfolded.
Feed positive (realistic) thoughts about oneself also helps on the long term.

Here are a few ideas of things to do which may bring some joy, which I’ve tried:

Laugh on purpose for 1 minute
Eat something that gave you a good moment.
Help someone to satisfy their current needs
Establish a meaningful goal and accomplish it (be intrinsic and/or extrinsincly rewarded for it)
Clean/Organize the space around
Appreciate 3 things that were positive about your day/week/month/year/life :slight_smile:
Hear some joyful music
Go on and do something you experienced joy doing in the past

And for a more “physical approach”, take a look at the hormones of “happiness”:

From https://www.laughteronlineuniversity.com/happiness-hormone/

ACETYLCHOLINE: Alertness, memory, sexual performance, appetite control, release of growth hormone.
DOPAMINE: Feelings of bliss and pleasure, euphoric, appetite control, controlled motor movements, feel focused.
ENDOCANNABINOIDS: The Bliss Molecule or Endocannabinoids worn on the CB-1 and CB-2 receptors in the body. Researchers have isolated over 85 cannabinoids from the Cannabis plant. Each of these cannabinoids is some kind of a key to the system which alters the consciousness and state of perception in people.
ENDORPHINS: Mood elevating, enhancing, euphoric. The more present, the happier you are! Natural pain killers.
ENKEPHALINS: Restrict transmission of pain, reduce craving, reduce depression.
GABA (Gamma Amino Butyric Acid): Found throughout central nervous system, anti-stress, anti-anxiety, anti-panic, anti-pain; Feel calm, maintain control, focus.
MELATONIN: “Rest and recuperation” and “anti-aging” hormone. Regulates body clock.
NOREPINEPHRINE: Excitatory, feel happy, alert, motivated. Anti-depressant, appetite control, energy, sexual arousal.
OXYTOCIN: Stimulated by Dopamine. Promotes sexual arousal, feelings of emotional attachment, desire to cuddle.
PHENYLETHYLMINE (PEA): Feelings of bliss, involved in feelings of infatuation (high levels found in chocolate).
SEROTONIN: Promotes and improves sleep, improves self esteem, relieves depression, diminishes craving, prevents agitated depression and worrying.